Brand Positioning / Identity + Package Design / Naming / Visual Design / Photo + Video Content
Skin Chemistry is a direct-to-consumer online skin care brand that was developed with the mission of making clinical grade skin care more accessible through online ordering, value-based pricing and a monthly subscription option.
- Define target audience and uncover insight into motivators and behavior.
- Research competitive landscape to define points of difference.
- Develop creative including naming, branding and packaging targeted for results.
- Conduct consumer testing to verify target audience motivators and research findings and to finalize creative development.
- Craft brand narrative and visual design elements to convey and illustrate product differentiators.
- Recruit social media influencers to create relatable, unique and energetic supporting brand imagery.
insight + testing
This project began with extensive research that included market analysis, target audience investigation, and competitive insight.
Target audience segments were defined, products were chosen for the line and features like price point and a subscription offering were established.
Creative development included naming, identity and packaging. Multiple concepts were tested during several points of the development process to ensure that creative decisions were connecting with the target audience and conveying the right message.
To extend the brand and create a unique and memorable experience, animated visual patterns reinforcing the square shape from the logo were created to add texture, depth, movement and a nod to the clinical component of the poducts.
messaging + activation
To support the accessibility of the brand and as a reflection of values that our target audience expressed, a photo/video shoot with influencers who tested the formulas in the line was created to boost the authenticity of the brand by showing real people with real results. The shoot involved concept development, production, art direction, retouching and video editing.
This imagery and video was leveraged on the brand’s website and also in the popular social media feed to announce the official launch of the line. Additional social media posts highlighting ingredients and the science behind the formulas was created to help educate those considering a purchase.